Job Description: Scientist
Location: KAUST, Saudi Arabia
PeroLED is an innovative startup company developing novel LED technology to expand the colour gamut of displays. PeroLED technology makes displays such as smartphones and televisions more colourful. PeroLED has a strong focus on Perovskite LED (PeLED) technology.
Following successful seed investment, the PeroLED team is expanding. This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage technology company to shape its future. This Scientist position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, with high potential for further career development.
PeroLED is headquartered in the United Kingdom with a subsidiary and R&D center located within the Research and Technology Park of the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia. The PeroLED team performs innovative technology development, fabricates and characterizes display prototypes and works in partnership with a variety of research and development partners to promote the adoption of PeroLED technology in next generation displays.
PeroLED offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. PeroLED is building a multi-disciplinary team that includes material experts, innovative display designers and intellectual property specialists.
For more information about the company PeroLED, please visit: https://peroled.com
For more information about the location KAUST, please visit: https://innovation.kaust.edu.sa
Location: KAUST Research and Technology Park (Saudi Arabia)
Duration: 12 months (with the intention of contract extension thereafter)
Start Date: 1 July 2021
Pay & Benefits: For the successful candidate, PeroLED will offer a generous package of pay and benefits to match the experience of the candidate. Benefits in the offer may include: Base Salary, Vacation Allowance, Housing Allowance, Transportation Allowance, Medical Insurance and Education Support for Dependents.
- Design and perform laboratory experiments relating to the research and development of OLEDs, QLEDs and PeLED devices.
- Review scientific literature for experimental design inspiration and interpretation of results.
- Develop and identify promising organic, quantum dot and perovskite materials and inks to enhance the performance of OLED, QLED and PeLED devices.
- Operate process tools, including spin coaters, inkjet printers and vacuum thermal evaporation systems to fabricate OLED, QLED and PeLED devices with world-leading performance.
- Measure and optimize OLED, QLED and PeLED device performance, including measurement of optoelectronic and morphological properties. Interpret data to design the next experiment in a rapid and efficient feedback loop.
- Prepare accurate and concise scientific reports for PeroLED and external partners.
- Develop and identify novel technology and support the preparation of patent applications.
- Work in partnership with display manufacturers, material suppliers, research centres, universities and other institutions to advance and promote PeroLED technology.
- Master’s degree or Doctorate in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics or electrical engineering.
- Deep knowledge and experience of organic and printed electronics technology, including device design, fabrication, characterization and optimization.
- Preferred experience in OLED, QLED or PeLED technology.
- Preferred experience in ink formulation and inkjet printing.
- Ability to perform and succeed in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy, thoroughness and perseverance.
- Ability to learn quickly and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to drive forward development in a cutting-edge technology company.
- Fluent in English (required) and Arabic (beneficial).
If you are interested in applying, please send your Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position in an email with the subject “PeroLED Scientist” to: email@example.com