Job Description: Research Scientist
Location: KAUST, Saudi Arabia
PeroLED is an innovative startup company developing novel LED technology to expand the colour gamut of electronic displays. PeroLED has a strong focus on Organic, Quantum Dot and Perovskite LED technology.
PeroLED is headquartered in the United Kingdom and is now setting up a research laboratory located within the Research and Technology Park of the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia. During this 1-year contract, the Research Scientist will be responsible for setting up the laboratory and then leading research activities to design and fabricate LEDs with world-leading performance.
The Research Scientist position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, with high potential for further career development. Following this 1-year contract there is strong potential for a permanent contract to follow in either Saudi Arabia or the UK. This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage technology company to shape its future.
For more information about the company PeroLED, please visit: https://peroled.com
Title: Research Scientist
Location: KAUST Research and Technology Park (Saudi Arabia)
Duration: 1 year
Start Date: 1 April 2022
Salary: $55,000 (take-home salary – there is no income tax in Saudi Arabia)
Vacation: 24 days
Accommodation: Fully subsidized by PeroLED
Healthcare: Fully subsidized by PeroLED
- Design and perform laboratory experiments relating to the research and development of OLEDs, QLEDs and PeLED devices.
- Review scientific literature for experimental design inspiration and interpretation of results.
- Develop and identify promising organic, quantum dot and perovskite materials and inks to enhance the performance of OLED, QLED and PeLED devices.
- Operate process tools, including spin coaters, inkjet printers and vacuum thermal evaporation systems to fabricate OLED, QLED and PeLED devices with world-leading performance.
- Measure and optimize OLED, QLED and PeLED device performance, including measurement of optoelectronic and morphological properties. Interpret data to design the next experiment in a rapid and efficient feedback loop.
- Prepare accurate and concise scientific reports for PeroLED and external partners.
- Develop and identify novel technology and support the preparation of patent applications.
- Work in partnership with display manufacturers, material suppliers, research centres, universities and other institutions to advance and promote PeroLED technology.
- Doctorate in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics or electrical engineering.
- Deep knowledge and experience of organic and printed electronics technology, including device design, fabrication, characterization and optimization.
- Preferred experience in OLED, QLED or PeLED technology.
- Preferred experience in ink formulation and inkjet printing.
- Ability to perform and succeed in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy, thoroughness and perseverance.
- Ability to learn quickly and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to drive forward development in a cutting-edge technology company.
- Fluent in English.
If you are interested in applying, please send your Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position in an email with the subject “PeroLED Research Scientist” to: email@example.com